New York Magazine
- This Tube of Chanel Lipstick Has Lasted for Years
My ode to Chanel's Rouge Coco in 444 Gabrielle.
Read It Forward
- Searching for a Man Among the Gods
I wrote about the impact of Ada Calhoun's book Wedding Toasts I'll Never Give had on my romantic life.
- I Went To The MatzoBall, The Jewish Singles' Dance On Christmas Eve, & Here's What Happened
After all, I am single and Jewish, and thereby available on Christmas Eve.
- My Friends Set Me Up On Blind Dates & What Happened Next Surprised Me
It started with an email. "I need to be set up on a blind date by a friend, please."
- I Lost Confidence In My Body During My Relationship, But Here's How I Got It Back
I did love my body once, right?
- 'Please Kill Me,' 20 Years Later
Reflecting on the impact of Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain's punk opus Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk
- 30 Years On, Nan Goldin’s Unflinching ‘Ballad’ Is Just as Powerful
Reflecting on the anniversary of Nan Goldin's The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries: A Love Story
An appreciation of the Australian television show.
- Albums of Our Lives: Death Cab for Cutie's Transatlanticism
I get nostalgic on the 10th anniversary of the album's release.